For DIS Copenhagen students living outside of the inner city (i.e. not within walking radius from DIS), you were given the choice of two Housing-to-DIS Transportation Options prior to your semester start – a Semester Bike or a Commuter Card allowing you to use public transportation daily to commute between your housing and DIS. If you chose the Commuter Card, below are your instructions on how to purchase your card.
1. To purchase your Commuter Card (known as ‘pendlerkort‘ in Danish), open the DSB app
2. Select ‘Tickets’ from the bottom bar
3. Select ‘Commuter cards’ from the top bar
4. Select ‘Add commuter card’
5. Select ‘Buy Commuter Card’
6. The app will ask you to enter a starting and ending location. Enter your housing address in Location 1. For Location 2, enter the station nearest to DIS: Nørreport St.
Important note: The same street names exist in many cities throughout Denmark, so you should always double-check that the postal codes are correct
8. The app will now calculate the number of zones and the price
9. Select one of the revealed zone options by clicking on the map. You may be presented with a variety of zone options. In this case, refer to your housing assignment page on Online Registration for an overview of recommended zones you should purchase
If you live in Langebro, Nimbus, Mønten, Holmbladsgade, Amagerbrogade, Peder Skrams Gade, Sankt Annæ Gade, or Store Kongensgade, you need to purchase zones 1 and 2 (two zones).
10. Click on where it says ’30 days’ and a time range. A pop up will appear, and you will be prompted to choose the number of days and the starting date upon which your Commuter Card will be valid. Choose 30 days and select the DIS Arrival Day as the starting date. After purchasing, you can automatically renew the card for the remainder of the semester. Refer to our guide, How to Renew a Commuter Card, to learn more about how to renew your card for the rest of the semester
11. Make sure you have chosen ‘Pendlerkort, Adult’ and not the ‘DSB’1 Pendlerkort’ (the DSB’1 Pendlerkort is First Class, and is not covered by DIS). Select the option ‘With Metro’ for 80 DKK, so you can utilize all forms of public transportation
12. Accept terms and conditions and click ‘Go to payment’
13. Once you proceed to the payment, you can send the bill directly to DIS by choosing ‘Invoice’. Invoice should be automatically selected, but if it is not, you can select this option under ‘Means of payment’
14. Under the ‘Comment’ field, type ‘Commuter Card.’ Swipe to pay
15. You now have your Commuter Card, which can be found on the home screen of the DSB app, as well as under the ‘Commuter Cards’ tab under ‘Tickets’