Keep up with the adventures of Session 1 Students through DIS social media, as they squeeze in their last Copenhagen memories!
Their Instagram photos, tagged with #disabroad, suggest they’ve discovered all the right spots to enjoy the Danish summer! Here are some places, with a little help from our students, of where to go after class and when the weather is nice:
- Parks. Park your bike, enjoy your lunch, meet some Danes, and lie in all the green space the city has to offer! Frederiksberg Have, pictured below, is said to be one of the nicest parks in Copenhagen. A totally free experience, and one that’s easy on the eyes.
- Canal tours. Although they’ll cost you, this is one enlightening boat ride! Hear about the history of Copenhagen – all told in English . Take note of how the city connects, town to town, through canals. Dock out of the infamous Nyhavn, located right next to Kongens Nytorv.
- Friday Rock concerts at Tivoli. Head to Tivoli, a fairytale amusement park merely five minutes walking distance from DIS. Every Friday a new music artist rocks away on the stage. Use this opportunity to listen to some Danish music!
- Bike rides. Rent a bike for the entirety of your summer session, on the cheap. Find your way around the city with ease – notice the colors and architecture of Copenhagen, which you might not otherwise see. Don’t forget your helmet!
- Fantastic architecture in Amager. Take the metro or ride your bike, and find these regenerated neighborhoods, with sites like Himmelhøj, the 8 Figure building, Tietgen Kollegium, Denmark’s Radio, the VM houses, and Amager Strand Park… Just to name a few!
- Watch the sun go down by the lakes. The Scandinavian summer is known for its white nights. With the sun now setting at 10:00 PM, and up again at 4:30 AM, soak it in while the daylight stretches itself into the night.
To be featured on our social media updates, make sure to tag your Instagram photos with #DISabroad on a public profile setting.
Not on Instagram? Upload your photos to the DIS Summer 2013 Flickr Group